Form of Payment
- Registration may be charged using PayPal™, Visa™, MasterCard™, Discover™ or American Express™ card. All credit card payments require the complete credit card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, and complete billing address.
- Credit Card or PayPal™ are the only forms of payment for HOT CHIPS 25.
- If this payment restriction is an impediment for you to attend HOT CHIPS, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will consider other payment options (Personal/Company Check) strictly on case-by-case basis.
- 11:59 PM (PDT), Friday, August 09, 2013 is the DEADLINE to qualify for the early registration rate. Payment transactions must be completed on or before the DEADLINE to take advantage of this discounted rate.
- HOT CHIPS will continue to accept online registrations until 5:00 PM (PDT), Tuesday, August 27, at the Late/Onsite registration rate. Once the conference begins you may register onsite if that is more convenient for you.
- 11:59 PM (PDT) Wednesday, August 22, 2013 is the last date to request refunds.
Membership and Student Discount Requirements
- Membership number must be included at time of submission to receive the membership rate.
- Membership status must be current at the time of registration. No refunds will be made for change in membership status.
- If you would like information on becoming an ACM or IEEE member, visit ACM or IEEE homepage.
- No company memberships accepted; individual memberships only.
- IEEE and ACM membership numbers will be checked against the current society database prior to the conference.
- If you are registering as a student, please be prepared to provide a valid student photo ID when you pick up your badge and conference proceedings and/or tutorial notes at the conference.
Refunds and Cancellations
- Email requests for cancellations must be received by HOT CHIPS on or before Wednesday, August 22, 2013, and are subject to a $25 processing fee. Cancellations are only possible by emailing your request to email@example.com.
- Cancellations received after 11:59 PM (PDT), Wednesday, August 22, 2013 will NOT be honored and all registration fees will be forfeited.
- The refund amount (less the $25 processing fee) will be credited back to your credit card account. Please make sure that we have your correct contact information when you register with us through our online registration form.
A special student rate applies to individuals who are currently enrolled in school. You must be prepared to provide a valid student photo ID when you pick up your badge at the conference.
We are seeking student volunteers to help us out with the conference. Please check out our Volunteer home page to check out the benefits of volunteering for HOT CHIPS.
Qualified members of the press attend the conference at no cost. This includes meals and a printed copy of the conference proceedings (if you request one at the time of registration). To apply for a Press Discount Code please send an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a foreign visitor you are responsible for obtaining the proper travel documents for entry into the United States. Check with the U.S. embassy or consulate in your country for details. Information is also available at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en.html To obtain a letter confirming your registration for Hot Chips 24 please E-mail a request to email@example.com. This letter will be issued confirming that you have registered for Hot Chips and that you have paid your registration fees.
Registration Using DISCOUNT CODES
If you are in one of the following categories you will receive a DISCOUNT CODE from your Hot Chips contact (i.e. the press chair, sponsorship chair, program session chair or registration chair):
- Speaker (Tutorial, Conference, Keynote)
- Technical Assistant to a speaker
- Hot Chips Committee Member – Organizing, Program or Sterring Committee
To use your DISCOUNT CODE enter your e-mail address and press OK. On the Registration Options screen select the button that says “I have a DISCOUNT CODE”. Click “Next”. On the Activity screen select the events you wish to attend and whether or not you want a printed conference proceedings. The Grand Total box will show your fees BEFORE the discount is applied. Enter your DISCOUNT CODE in the box labeled Promotion Code. Click “Show My Fee”. You will see the discount you are entitled to and a new total reflecting this discount. If you are satisfied with the discounted rate click “Next” and complete your registration.
Special Instructions for Registering Groups
The Hot Chips registration system provides a means for one person to register a group of attendees at one time. This allows one person at a company to pay for a group of attendees with one credit card. To register multiple attendees read the following instructions carefully.
BEFORE you register attendees in group, get the following information from each attendee:
- Attendee Type: HOT CHIPS invites attendees in several categories. However group registration is available only to the following three categories:
- Member IEEE
- Student IEEE Member
Ask your attendee whether they are IEEE member or not. Register your attendees belonging to the same category (For example, Member IEEE) in bulk to get the best pricing. Hot Chips will check all ACM and IEEE membership ID numbers prior to the conference.
- Attendee Personal Information: You will need email address, first name and last name for your primary attendee. For the other attendees who will be registered along with this attendee in bulk, only the first and last name along with company affiliation is needed.
AFTER you have the Attendee Type and Personal Information for each attendee proceed as follow:
- Divide your attendees into IEEE member and Non-Member group.
- Go to the online registration portal.
- Enter the email address of one attendee (the primary attendee) in the group and click “OK”. This attendee will receive email confirmation when the registration process is completed. If you are a facilitator who is not attending and registering people in group, you will be able to enter your email address later to receive the email confirmation when the registration process is completed.
- On the “Registration Options” page, select the “Attendee Type”. Group registration is available only for three categories mentioned above. If you select any other attendee type, you will not be able to register multiple attendees as one group.
- On the “Activity” page, select the activities that the primary attendee would like to attend.
- Click on the “Click to add guest” link. Once a guest attendee is added, select the activities that they plan to attend. Make sure you enter the relevant information for the guest by clicking on “Click to enter guest name” link for the guest you just added.
- Continue to add guests until you are done with all the attendees in the group.
- Click “Next”. If the email address that you provided for the primary attendee is not registered with HOT CHIP’s online registration portal, you will be directed to a page to input the information for the primary attendee. The information includes the following required fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- IEEE membership number (if applicable)
- Click “Next” to go to a short questionnaire. Fill out the questionnaire and click “Next”.
- The next screen gives you a summary of all the transactions. This page gives a chance to add another email address to receive the email confirmation when the registration process is completed. If you are a facilitator who is not attending and registering people in your team, you might want to add your email address here so that you can receive an email confirmation.
- Clicking “Next” will take you to the credit card processing page. Fill in the credit card information to pay for the registration and click on “Pay”.
- The credit card will be processed and if the transaction is successful, you will be presented a receipt. You can either print or save the receipt for your records. You will also receive an email confirmation to the email address of the primary registrant and the additional email address if you provided.
If you run in to any issues, you may direct all questions and concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.